Thursday, October 24, 2013

Re-igniting Romance(post kids)

Though I am yet to experience whatever I am writing here. I would like to surely try what i write and not make it yet another article.
While catching up with a set of close friends(read:now parents of my little darling friends), my friend jokingly commented to his wife "I know we have a baby, but you know what people do if they don get food at home, they go to the hotel" Knowing my friend for years, i completely knew he was joking. But that triggered my thoughts on re-kindling romance post kids. Especially if you have a partner you know long enough to miss each others company. It makes it all the more mandatory to re-kindle the relationship, is it not?
A famous stand up comedian says "a woman's brain is like an interconnected electronic circuit. It jus goes zzzzzzz"
We are the 'XY' chromosomes who keep juggling with things of  mind. Like for example..
"What do i cook?
What i do for the baby?
Need to complete this at work..
Mom said something, right i need to do that..
I need to call for grocery
Oh! I need to clean that draw"

Between all this, we forget one thing major! Their Man.
That's the point. While all the focus goes on the new arrival in the family, family starts to fall apart. While women get so worked up on this, men start working harder just to make up with their boredom.
As a truly loving couple, all they face is growing distance and a dire need to come back. They might even express it to each other, but one needs to really take the effort to get back together!
May be a few small things from picking my little brain i thought could be..
Ordering dinner - Setting up the table at home, candle lit and have a dinner catching up on things
Watching Movie - watching some old time favorite, holding each others hands
Coffee - Sip morning coffee together in the portico/balcony and talk about the day
Dessert - A cake or milkshake together at night after putting the baby to sleep
Walk the Talk - a long walk with the stroller where the kid might also nap in the stroller while you guys get to catch up and talk
At times, I even feel they should leave kids with grandparents and go shopping or so together. A good break helps. A lot lesser frustration and a lot more romance.
Also, research states that for couples who do not get back in 4-6 months post kid, their relationships, their romances suffer.   As we all know, romance might lead to eventually a lot other things that you might have enjoyed doing together in the past too! Giving a u perfect opportunity to be friends again and and great parents.
So! Let love be in the air...
Cheers

3 comments:

Madhuvanthi said...

Lovely aish!! Feeling refreshed! ☺️☺️

Reshma Budhia said...

Nice try Aishwarya :)
Ofcourse when your time comes do speak to me and i"ll add on few more tips that actually works :) :)

ilakkiya said...

Very nice ideas aishu.. note panikaren ;)

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...